- 200 gr smoked tuna
- 2 tbsp pistachios roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- 2tbsp fresh oregano roughly chopped
- Make the emulsion with the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper;
- Cover the tuna with the emulsion and let rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (up to 2 hours);
- Once ready to serve, sprinkle with the pistachios and oregano.
I used blood oranges for my emulsion, but navel or Seville oranges can also be used.
If you like things on the sweeter side you can skip the lemon juice.
I do not normally add salt as smoked fish tends to have enough for my taste, but you can add some more salt to your taste if you feel so inclined.
This recipe serves 2 as a starter or 1 as the main show. With a little bread. Always have a little bread.