- 250gr good quality mascarpone
- 3 large eggs
- 150gr caster sugar
- 2 cups strong coffee
- Pavesini (or Savoiardi if you really want to be traditional) – Enough to cover the base of a 25cm diameter deep dish with 2 layers
- Cocoa powder
- Cover the base of the dish with the biscuits.
- Pour the coffee over the biscuits and let it soak.
- Cream the egg yolks with the sugar until they are nice and soft.
- Add the mascarpone to the yolk mixture and whisk until well incorporated.
- Whip the egg whites until you have a good hard meringue.
- Fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Pour the resulting cream in the dish.
- Dust with the cocoa powder.
- Let the tiramisu rest in the fridge for at least 4 hours (best if left overnight).
Keywords: dessert, Italian food, cucina italiana, dolci