Right, so we are all eating healthy for the next 365 days and exercising and being decent human beings and recycling (wait, I already do that!) and… Ok, we won’t. The ‘New Year’s Resolutions’ thing is ridiculous. No one sticks to them. They are unrealistic and mostly unachievable. Designed to make us feel like failures when we behave like humans and don’t stick to them.
With that said, my friend Kelly at Kelly_Does_Life posted earlier today her “More” and “Less” lists. Not Resolutions. Just things she is striving to do more and less of daily. That’s doable and realistic I love it.
I am striving to complete rebuilding myself after becoming a person I don’t truly respect so here is what I am going to be doing more and less of to achieve that in 2018. I may or may not have mirrored some things from Kelly’s list…
And I also give you a recipe for a yummy winter slaw – You know, for those who are aiming to eat more veggies!
- Calling people I truly care about
- Red meat
- Comparing myself to others
- Chasing after others
- Saying yes
May you have a happy 2018 – No matter what you strive to do and be. As long as it’s legal.Print
- 300gr Brussels sprouts
- 2 small shallots finely sliced
- 50gr hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ½ cup Natural Yoghurt
- 1tsp poppy seeds
- 1tsp honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used white pepper)
- A splash of cider vinegar
- A splash of water
- Blanche the sprouts in a pot of boiling water – 2 minutes.
- Drain, run under cold water and let cool on kitchen towel for about half an hour.
- Make the dressing by mixing garlic, yoghurt, poppy seeds, honey, lemon, vinegar, water, salt and pepper.
- Put the shallots and hazelnuts in a big serving bowl.
- Slice your sprouts very thinly.
- Put the grated sprouts in the bowl with the shallots and hazelnuts.
- Pour the dressing over it.
- Mix with your hands. Don’t be prissy.
Keywords: side dish, slaw, vegetarian, vegetariano, vegetariana