- 250gr chestnut flour
- Water (2 cups circa)
- 30gr pine nuts
- 50gr raisins
- Zest of 1 orange
- ⅓ cup rosemary roughly chopped
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl, add the water little by little and keep stirring until you have a pancake-like batter (quite smooth and liquid). Note that you might not need all of the water or add some more after so please be parsimonious when adding it to the dry mix.
- Add in the orange zest, half of the pine nuts, rosemary and raisins and keep mixing the batter.
- Brush a flat baking tray with the olive oil, pour in the chestnut mix and top with the remaining pine nuts, rosemary and raisins.
- Bake for about half an hour at gas mark 4 (180C) or until it’s nicely cracked on top (and, if you are like me, until the edges are crunchy) and get it out of the oven.
- Enjoy when still warm with a cup of tea whilst looking at the grey day outside your window.
Keywords: desserts, Italian food