- 200gr tagliatelle (I used squid ink pasta as that is what I had, but plain tagliatelle will work too!)
- 2 cups slow roasted cherry tomatoes (defrosted if you were hiding them in the freezer like moi)
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 big garlic cloves crushed
- Kernels of 2 corn ears previously blanched
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley roughly chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the oil in a frying pan over slow heat. Add the garlic and onion and sweat it until it is soft but not browned – About 5 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and the stock and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Taste the mixture and add salt if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return the corn cream to the pan and add the tomatoes
- Bring a pot of salted water and cook the pasta to be ‘al dente’ (1-2 minutes less than indicated in the pack)
- Add 4 tbsp of the pasta water to the crema
- Drain the pasta, add it to the frying pan and sauté over high heat for a minute or two until the cream fully coats the pasta.
- Turn off the heat, add the spring onions, remaining evoo, lime juice and parsley.
Keywords: pasta, vegetarian, Italian food